The Haptic Workstation is a ground-breaking 3D haptics innovation from CyberGlove Systems. The Haptic Workstation is a fully integrated simulation system providing right and left whole-hand haptic feedback, immersive 3D viewing, and easy-to-use CAD model manipulation and interaction software. Using the Haptic Workstation, you can “feel” what it’s like to sit inside your car design and “hang” both hands on a graphical steering wheel before building a costly prototype.
- Right-hand and left-hand CyberForce systems, customized to operate over your shoulder.
- Support structure with vertical adjustability for sitting and standing applications.
- Head-mounted display with head tracker for immersive 3D viewing. Also can work in a CAVE or other projection screen viewing environment.
- VirtualHand interaction software that loads 3D CAD models for immediate intuitive manipulation.
- 3D simulation computer.
- Electrically adjustable automobile seat.
Applications / Plugins
The Haptic Workstation represents the culmination of more than 10 years of research and development synergistically brought together in a single 3D-interaction product. It is a general purpose, turnkey simulation platform providing haptic feedback to each hand, as well as providing interaction software and immersive 3D viewing. The Haptic Workstation is perfect for automotive and aerospace companies who want to experience their digital prototypes "first hand" before building costly and time-consuming physical prototypes. It is also the ultimate tool for researchers wanting to study virtual reality, simulated training, telerobotics and 3D interaction.