The CyberTouch system is a tactile feedback option for CyberGlove Systems's wired CyberGlove instrumented glove. It features small vibrotactile stimulators on each finger and the palm of the CyberGlove system. Each stimulator can be individually programmed to vary the strength of touch sensation.
The array of stimulators can generate simple sensations such as pulses or sustained vibration, and they can be used in combination to produce complex tactile feedback patterns. Software developers can design their own actuation profiles. The CyberTouch tactile feedback option is essential to anyone serious about using their hands to interact with objects in a virtual world.
- Vibro-tactile actuators: 6; one on each finger, one on the palm
- Vibrational Frequency: 0-125 Hz
- Vibrational Amplitude: 1.2 N peak-to-peak at 125 Hz (max)
- Sensor Resolution: <1 degree
- Sensor Repeatability: 3 degrees (average standard deviation between wearings)
- Sensor Linearity: maximum 0.6% nonlinearity over full joint range
- Sensor Data Rate: 90 records/sec (typical)
- Interface Unit: 3.0 x 4.55 x 1.04 in (7.62 x 11.56 x 2.64 cm)
- Cable: Standard 25 ft (7.62m)
- Interface: RS-232 (115.2 kbaud max)
Applications / Plugins
Please Contact Us for information on applications.